Frequently Asked Questions - Holidays Edition!
Hey fam! We know there is so much noise on the internet, especially this time of year, so I've compiled all of the holiday information into this page! Read all the way to the bottom for a special code.
New gift guide coming soon!
What's your roasting/shipping schedule for the holidays?
- We are still roasting Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. It's really important to us to be able to ship coffee by Thursday so that in most cases it reached its destination by the weekend. We sometimes have to add on a roasting day on Thursday, but we can usually get it all done Wednesday.
- This means that if you place an order after Wednesday at 8am, it will not be roasted until the following Monday. If you need something in a hurry, the Lab always has coffee on the shelves!
- **Thanksgiving: We will roast everything Monday and Tuesday, then ship and delivery locally on Wednesday. This allows us to get shipping out the door before the holiday.
- **Christmas: All orders need to be placed by December 12th and will ship by December 14th in order to be received by Christmas. We can't guarantee shipping (as you can understand with the way the world is right now) in any way. The roastery will be closed the 19th-23 to allow the roasting crew some time off after the late nights and early mornings that make up the holiday season for them. You can still order online, but they will not be roasted until December 26th. The Lab WILL be open normal hours over Christmas!
When will the Coffee Lab be open around the holidays?
The Coffee Lab is open Monday through Saturday 7am-2pm. Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day (obvi), but open otherwise! Come join us for a coffee with your visiting family and friends.
What's up with your holiday blend?
The bright, sweet blend of coffees from El Salvador and Colombia reminded us of vintage twinkling Christmas lights and cozy family gatherings. We're partnering with Hope Venture once again, this time raising money for their Food for the Blind project, and we hope the light and joy happening in a tiny town in the Midwest spreads across the world.
Will you have an open house?
Our open house has a special place in our hearts because we hosted this event even before our space was built out. We invited customers and friends in when it was just studs and asked you to make your mark on our space two years before we had a coffee shop. So YES! Our open house is scheduled for December 10th 10am-3pm, the same time as the Maker's Market which will be held at the Hitchin' Post. There will be specials and samples and tons of fun, as well as Zoe Marie's Bakery popping up in the shop (you know Zoe because she's been baking for Normal the last few months!).
Will you have any Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales?
You betcha! There will be sales on Lumen, Cup of Coa, and merchandise in store and online all weekend. This will be our only sale this season, so stock up! The code and sales listed below will only be live Black Friday through Cyber Monday. Sign up for our emails here and you'll get a reminder on Black Friday, but here's the scoop:
- Lumen 15% off - use code LUMEN15 to get the discount
- Buy 5 Get 1 Free Cup of Coa - choose buy 5 get 1 free under "options"
- Merch Box - automatic 15% discount when purchasing three of the following merch items: shirts (yes, including the new pullovers if there are any left!), airscapes, new Klean Kanteens, Oh Darling mugs.
What's up with the Chemex boxes? Are they a kit like the cold brew kit or just a gift box?
A gift box! We have been wanting to carry Chemexes in the shop since we opened, but weren't able to become wholesale customers until now! In the holiday box is a 8 cup Chemex (it's about the size of two large mugs), filters, a 12oz bag of Lumen, and a brewing directions card. We probably will not have these in stock until mid-November.